Zebra Loach Community Fish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JamieP

Reaction score
hi,
new to this, so sorry if its in the wrong place!
ive got a tank with a few fish in it, including a pair of zebra loach's
ive just added in a male fighter and of the loachs seems to keep nipping at it and chassing it around the tank?

i thought they were community fish
the other one doesnt do this, its only of them?

should i look to take it back or is it just playing and not doing any real harm?

Really I think your quesdtion should be 'Is a male fighter a community fish' and the answer to that is technically NO!

Jamie please stick to one thread seems you have beginner and bad advice issues which only going to result in fish deaths.

basically a betta prefers to be a solitary fish or at most with a few non nippy tetras or similar/ shrimps/snails etc not with fish that can be very active and playfull like loaches.... take the betta back to lfs and change for something thats community :good: i did the same thing when i first set up and my betta just hid away and never came out because of gouramis i had chasing him..... beautifull fish but not for community tanks im affraid

I'm gonna try a Betta with Neon's!

Saw one today in a LFS with bout 30 neons and it looked fine, no sign of nipping etc...!

I think it's just trial and error... however I will also have a space tank for the Betta in case things don't go so well for myself!

Sorry it's not answering your question. just felt like saying that lol! :blush:

I'm gonna try a Betta with Neon's!

Saw one today in a LFS with bout 30 neons and it looked fine, no sign of nipping etc...!

I think it's just trial and error... however I will also have a space tank for the Betta in case things don't go so well for myself!

Sorry it's not answering your question. just felt like saying that lol! :blush:
neons should be fine i dont think they are classed as nippers just dont get too many, give the batta some room

Really I think your quesdtion should be 'Is a male fighter a community fish' and the answer to that is technically NO!

I have one in a 3ft community with 2 large angels, loaches etc and his fins get nipped but grow back in no time.
not really an ideal life tho is it having your fins torn apart.......

Jamie please stick to one thread seems you have beginner and bad advice issues which only going to result in fish deaths.

sorry, when was i changing the thread exactly?
im asking about the zebra loach's and why them seem to be chassing the other fish around, everyone else seems to be changing it to be about the fighter.
I would rather take the loach back then the fighter, thus why im asking about them and not the fighter.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back