Zebra Danios with white spot please help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Kaida2

Reaction score
Hey I just bought a white spot an two of Zebra Danios and i want to know what it might be so i can treat it. Thank you DSC06436.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

If you just bought the fish and it had the white patch on its back, return it to the shop and get a replacement fish that is healthy.

The white patch is either bacteria, fungus or excess mucous.

It is not whitespot (ick/ ich).

--------------------------
If you want to keep it and spend money on medication, get a broad spectrum fish medication that treats fungus, bacteria and protozoan infections.

--------------------------
To work out the volume of water in the tank:
measure length x width x height in cm.
divide by 1000.
= volume in litres.

When you measure the height, measure from the top of the substrate to the top of the water level.

There is a calculator/ converter in the "How To Tips" at the top of this page that will let you convert litres to gallons if you need it.

Remove carbon from the filter before treating or it will adsorb the medication and stop it working.

Wipe the inside of the glass down with a clean fish sponge. Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. However, if the filter is less than 6 weeks old, do not clean it.

Increase surface turbulence/ aeration when using medications because they reduce the dissolved oxygen in the water.

ok I'm just going to take them back, thank you

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back