Zebra Danio With Curved Spine

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fish_4_life

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've had a female zebra danio with a curved spine for about a year and half, The danio is fine apart from it's slightly hunch backed and quite fat looking, It eats fine, swims fine acts like nothing is wrong, I've heard this can happen from the amount of inbreeding in the species. My question really was is there any treatments or things that could possibly reverse the issue,? 

Thanks 

Dan 

There is no real cure from what i have read from  different sources. so it looks permanent 

no treatment, as long as the fish is eating and not looking skinny then don't worry about it. try not to breed her and once she becomes sick.. skinny etc etc then freeze her.

I've had a few female danios that developed curved spines over time; it didn't seem to cause them any serious problems, just made them look a little odd. Sometimes fish can develop deformities in super-soft water when the diet isn't providing enough minerals (not enough minerals = bad bones, just like in other vertebrates), but if it's just the one fish then it's more likely just an abnormality of the individual, in which case there's not much to be done about it. It should be fine as long as it doesn't get picked on or have other difficulties eating/swimming. 

Hay that happened to my daneo ya thars pretty much no cure

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back