Would this be OK? Would you recommend?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Personally I feel that is too small for 3 bettas. They would have only just 10 litres each, which is about 2.5 gallons.

And that is assuming that it does hold 32 litres. My Aqua One betta's tank was described as being 32 litres but that was just the volume occupied by the whole tank, including the trim on the outside of the tank. It actually holds 26 litres.

I have seen those in my LFS and did consider purchasing one of those but three things put me off, one is the price, not exactly cheap but a decent brand though.

Second and more importantly, essjay has already made the comment, the size of each individual tank would actually equate to about 2 gallons in each once you factor in substrate, plants and decor.

Thirdly, all the betta would share the same water and filtration system, meaning if one betta gets a illness/disease, then its probable that the other two betta could contract the same illness/disease and may in worst case scenario lose all 3 betta to the same illness/disease.

A nice idea and worth considering once you factor in these “drawbacks” and really wish these individual tanks were bigger.

If you still want to go along these lines, you could get a 15 gallon long tank and put in two dividers to split the tank into three compartments. Better still, if you fit glass dividers with silicone sealant to seal each section, making each tank section its own. This may help in keeping water system separate so helps to lessen the chances of spreading disease.

Filtration could be very simply be sponge filters in each section being fed off one air pump (ensure pump is powerful enough, not one of those cheap tat that’s commonly sold) and airline to sponges separated with a three way valve.

That way each section would have around 5 gallons each, more likely approx 4 gallons for each section once substrate, plants and decor is factored in but much better imho than the aqua one tank set.

Bonus could be even cheaper if you shop around for half decent second hand 15 gal long tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back