FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

dascrow

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
fishforums-march19-totm.jpg

We would like to congratulate Jordan_Deus for winning the FishForums.net March 2019 Tank of the month contest!

Here are some additional details about the tank:
Fish:
- Nine Black Skirt Tetras
-A trio of breeding Ancistrus
-Six Bronze corydoras (pet store only had six a year ago, will add more when the bronze corys are back in my area)
-Seven Neon tetras
-Six juvenile Angelfish (new addition)

Plants:
Vallisneria - back left corner
Bacopa - front left corner
Anubis Nana petite - back left corner on wood
Anubias barteri - left/center on wood
Anubias barteri Nana - right/center on wood
Crinum Calamistratum - back/center new addition, still small, can only really see one shoot in the picture.
Christmas Moss - along the center lower piece of wood (It over took the entire tank so tore it all out, put it in a new tank and added a bit to that piece of wood)
Cryptocoryne Crispatula var. Balansae - back right corner (new addition from yesterday, hopefully will get a more filled out look in the coming months)
Cryptocoryne Wendtti - center/right in front of wood and crypt balansae (new addition from yesterday, hopefully will get a more filled out look in the coming months)

Maintenance:

Ferts: I make my own solutions out of Potassium Nitrate (KNO3), Potassium Sulfate (KSO4) and Monopotassium Phosphate (KH2PO4). I dose once a week to bring nitrates up to 5 ppm, potassium to 8 ppm, and phosphate to 1ppm. When I see that nitrate is almost at 0 ppm, I redose Ferts.

Weekly Water Change:

*Gravel Vac substrate
*Clean Filter sponges
*Water change 60-70%

Equipment:

Pump and hose for water change, Tetra 200w heater (aqua one 300w back up for quarantine tank), Aqua One Aquis 1200 canister filter, air pump, air stone.

Hardscape:
-Spider wood
-Pool filter sand

Water parameters:
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - less than 5ppm
Gh - 8 - 16 dgh
Kh - 8 - 16 dgh
Ph - 7.5

Thanks again to everyone that participated! We will have April's contest posted next week so stay tuned!

Last edited:
Congrats Jordon on your win. Great looking tank and great stocking. Your plants should grow out nicely as it matures.

Hope more members will consider entering future contests.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back