Will Uv Filters Kill "good" Bacteria Along With Algae?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

wendyngd

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I'm looking into UV filters to clear my murky 10 g tank, but don't know how much good bacteria they kill, along with the algae, etc. Anyone know of a small one here in the US that's affordable??
Thanks..Wendy :D :D :) :D :)

I'm looking into UV filters to clear my murky 10 g tank, but don't know how much good bacteria they kill, along with the algae, etc. Anyone know of a small one here in the US that's affordable??
Thanks..Wendy :D :D :) :D :)

Got mine up and running and my nitrates haven;t risen (in fact they're still falling) so I guess not!

They shouldn't kill any. The beneficial bacteria colonize and stick to a place in the fast moving current of the filter system where they can get a steady supply of ammonia and nitrite to eat. As to where to get one affordably, I'd suggest Doctors Foster and Smith. I get most of my online supplies from them.

They shouldn't kill any. The beneficial bacteria colonize and stick to a place in the fast moving current of the filter system where they can get a steady supply of ammonia and nitrite to eat. As to where to get one affordably, I'd suggest Doctors Foster and Smith. I get most of my online supplies from them.

Thanks for the input--I'm still researching--to see what I need to get for a 10g tank.

Warmly,
Wendy :rolleyes: :lol: :) :) :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back