Will Malachite Green Stain My Tanks Ornaments And Sand?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fishlette

Fish Addict
Reaction score
just about to start treating for white spot and wondered if the malachite green in the meds would stain everything in my tank? it doesnt say to remove anything from the tank on the bottle but was just wondering and i have some expensive ornaments and i dont want them stained

just about to start treating for white spot and wondered if the malachite green in the meds would stain everything in my tank? it doesnt say to remove anything from the tank on the bottle but was just wondering and i have some expensive ornaments and i dont want them stained

i have never used it but have friends with stained decorations from using it. there are non chemical ways to take care of your problem.

I have heard it stains things sometimes. I would take the precaution to remove anything that is precious if you don't want it ruined. Better to be safe then sorry. :fish:

iv never had any problems with it but just to be on the safe side id take out anything that could get stained that you want to keep as is.

i have never used it but have friends with stained decorations from using it. there are non chemical ways to take care of your problem.

maybe there is but i choose to use a white spot treatment

thanks everyone for your replies

Methelene Blue will stain. I use Malachite green for ick and so far no stains. Don T.

I've used both and they both stain :rolleyes: .
It's really bad if your tank was made using clear silicone, because it will turn to blue/green :shout: .

I've used both, Meth blue definitely does, Mal green less so.

But I have been using king British WS3 full strength, and no dying happened.

Though my tanks are black silicone sealed. :rolleyes:

My old tanks with clear sealant went shades of blue and green I remember. :no:

stingray-1.gif

have just looked and everything is fine except for the airline hose running to the air stone in my 4ft and the silicone. same in the other big tanks lol will it do any long term harm?

Most reactions

trending

Back