Will Fungus Treatment In My Aquarium Kill My Fry?

fishyfishface

Reaction score
Hi I would really appreciate some help please.

I have a small aquarium with 2 platys and 2 guppies and an algae eater and also a breeding net full of platy fry. I have noticed that my platy seem to be suffering from a fungal infection as one has a patch of white fungus by its mouth and the other has small white spots on its tail.

My question is: Can I treat the aquarium with Interpret Anti Fungus and Fin Rot while there are fry still in the aquarium? I don't have a spare tank and airation system to treat the platys in or to put the fry in.

I have separated one of the guppys as he's been bullying the other fish and ripping their tails to shreds - 2 have died in the last week and I saw him attacking my platys today - what to do about him?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Don't think the fry is in any danger here.... Might be a threat to the algea eater though cause I believe these smooth scaled fish are more sensitive to any treatment containing methylene blue.... The rest should be ok. (imo)

I treated for white spot in my tank and i had molly fry in there

I just used a smaller dose for a longer period and they were fine

Thanks for your help. I'll start treatment now and hopefully all my fish will be well soon.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back