Wild type betta? Help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Taylo.Lauren

Reaction score
Hi guys! I recently visited my LPS and saw they had a tank labeled "female bettas", they all looked like the average female betta except one that was much larger and had a much more natural colour. Which of course I then had to purchase her! The LPS told me they had no idea what type she was because they just get them randomly shipped in. I've looked at tons of pictures of different wild type females but I can't seem to pinpoint just one type, I know she could be more than one. Just wondering if anyone could possibly help me identify her type? The first picture is when I first brought her home, and the second is from this morning (about a week later) Thanks so much in advance :)

Attachments

• IMG_1178.jpg
    IMG_1178.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_1179.PNG
    IMG_1179.PNG
    299.1 KB · Views: 323
She looks to have crowntail genes with the extended rays going on so she is likely to be crowntail x plakat or crowntail x veil I'd say plakat as she has such short fins this is known as a combtail betta.

Awesome, thank you guys so much! Regardless of what she is she's gorgeous! I'm really glad I could purchase such a beautiful female for only 4.99$ :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back