Wierd Growth On Guppies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fish_keeper2

I am Nemo!!
Reaction score
last night i got some wild type guppies being sold as feeders. all female. anyways when i got home i realized 3 of them had a wierd growth on them. one has it on one of its gills, another on the tail and the last has it on its body and one of its gills. its kinda tanish brown in color and solid looking. they arent flicking or scratching against anything. im keeping them seperate from my other guppies just incase. any idea of what this is?

thanks. based on the link it says i should use salt, formalin and malachite green along with complete darkness. do you agree with this?
it does sound like it might be velvet. are there any other possiblities? i do find odd that the fish dont seem bothered at all by it or stressed out.

thanks. i think it is velvet then because its not fluffy like. ill start the treatment tonite and see how it goes.

Good luck, are they from the wild as i would look out for internal parasites as well, as you don't want them in your other tank.

i dont know. i dobt it as they were sold as feeders for 20 cents each. im sure they are the wild type(or atleast hybribs) because the males look similar to endlers and didnt have all the bright fancy colors and patters as the fancy guppies do.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back