Why my Balloon Molly wont give birth?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

celestialpoet

Reaction score
Recently I became obsessed with balloon mollies. Anyone with one can understand why. Come on yah know they are cute..he he.. anyways I bought My first is all black Balloon molly, she was big when I bought her and now even bigger. I'm new at this fish stuff, but her tummy is round and a little squarish. She also have a White Spot under her tail fin that buldges out a bit. My molly has also benn harassing the other mollies by nipping at them. I assume shes pregnant, but just wont give birth. I had Bought Two Balloon Mollies after her and they gave birth in the bag they came home from the store in. Now im wondering why she wont give birth. What should I do?

Any comments will help. Thank you.. bethany
:dunno:

:hi: to the forum. Introduce yourself in the newbie section.

Maybe she just isn't ready to give birth. :dunno: You've got to wait. Just because it isn't giving birth, it doesn't mean that there's a problem just yet. They give birth faster at high temperatures, but they might not give birth if they are harrassed and overly stressed out. Don't try moving it and don't pester it and add places for it to hide in.

The fish in the bag gave birth prematurely. They were stressed out and were forced to drop their kids.

:thumbs: Just be patient and soon you'll have tons of fry. I love balloon mollies too! I guess it's their plump belly that make them looks so cute! :wub: I once bought a very pregnant female balloon molly and when she was still in her bag, I noticed tiny orange fry cuddled in the corner. She delievered her fry while still in her bag and ended up having 19! :D

Your balloon molly on the top right hand corner is pregnant. The other two don't look to be...

I'm glad to see it's not only me who gets frustrated at how long it takes balloon molly to drop fry. My balloon fry are going on 3 weeks old now,and sadly the mother molly died a week after dropping them,but that happens sometimes. I have 17 hungry babies she left behind,and they are growing FAST. :)

Thanks for all the replys.. Yes I have my temp between 80 ad 84 So my temps are good. In the pic I posted Yes the two on the right i know for sure they are pregnant. Theyellow one delivered her babies on March 19 and is due to deliver her babies on April 19th according to The month wait. I might be moving the fish too much or have too many in the tank. I never really thought about that one :rolleyes: but she keeps nipping at the other females, so i seperate her sometimes..

reduce the stress as much as possible! and I hate to say that you have to be patient ( i hate waiting) :(
Good luck! ;)
Waiting to hear from you and fishmom how things went!
richdiesslin_fishmusings.gif

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back