Why Is My Pregnant molly Hiding??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

XxFishSoulxX

Reaction score
So today i woke up and fed my fish and i watched my pregnant mini molly eat and she eat a little piece of food and started to flop around and do flips then after about 1 min it stopped then i saw her go hide and even to today she is still in there not dead and she comes out aleast for 10 - 3 0 mins each day about 1 - 2 weeks ago she gave birth and the male mini molly is protecting her and chasing any fish that come near her but dosent chase my zebra fish but only chases my half ground baby sailfin molly heres a picture of my tank
backgrounder.jpg

So today i woke up and fed my fish and i watched my pregnant mini molly eat and she eat a little piece of food and started to flop around and do flips then after about 1 min it stopped then i saw her go hide and even to today she is still in there not dead and she comes out aleast for 10 - 3 0 mins each day about 1 - 2 weeks ago she gave birth and the male mini molly is protecting her and chasing any fish that come near her but dosent chase my zebra fish but only chases my half ground baby sailfin molly heres a picture of my tankView attachment 85544
Good lord those run on sentences,.

Is your female molly the ONLY female in the tank? Live bearers like molly, platy, and guppies are always interested in mating. It is not uncommon for a lone female to get excess attention from other males seeking to breed. Often to the point of harrassment and stress. If your other male is fending off what he sees as rivals he isn't "protecting" her. He's being territorial and only interested in mating and she's hiding from him. It's advised to have at least 3 females to each single male so that none are overly stressed from the attention.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back