Why Do People Advise To Only Feed 6 Days?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

maisy12345

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi ,the forum have advised me in the past to only feed 6 days a week ,and on the tub of the algae wafers it said feed 6 days only ,why is this?
Also i know my fish wll be alright but what about my bamboo shrimp will it harm them to go without food for a day?

Nah fish can go a week with out food.

Its just if you dont feed them for 1-2 days they will search for food in the tank that's been left over giving it a clean for you xD

Thanks ,just hope there`s enough for my bamboo shrimp ,i assume everyone does this then?

In the wild fish go days ans weeks without food, my main 350L ill feed as a when so monday i might feed at 11am tuesday & wednesday i will not feed, thursday 8pm feed, fri is takeaway night in mine so fish might get a 11am and then another lot at 7pm etc...........Sometimes i wont feed them for 2-3 days is does them no harm and my shrimp i only feed 2-3 times in 7 days anyway :good:

Rest days ensure that a fish can completely void its digestive system, it reduces the chance of constipation and bloating.

Because of the lower quality of many foods they can cause problems if fed too much. A break, or swapping out for something like peas to help clear the digestive tract, can help prevent these problems. I only feed New Life Spectrum and if I skip days it is on accident and I never have any issues.

Wait... Is that you Truck? are you SS?

:shifty:

I never have a feeding patter with my fish, sometimes I won't feed them for a few days whereas other times i'll feed them a few times a day. As mentioned they can go a while without food :good:

James.

Most reactions

trending

Back