Why Do My Cichlids Shiver/shake And Bounce Off Rocks?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

garybuk

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Just wondering why they do this? the cichlids are listing below ! the blue and yellow ones! (X4)

Does it look like they're having an epileptic fit? :lol: That's what I've always thought, what you are seeing is normal behavior. It's generally a sign of aggression or a breeding dance.

Does it look like they're having an epileptic fit? :lol: That's what I've always thought, what you are seeing is normal behavior. It's generally a sign of aggression or a breeding dance.

Yah it does lol
wooow hopefully breeding!! im hopeing they will breed!!! do they cross breed :S yellow labs with my Pseudotropheus blue ???

Yah it does lol
wooow hopefully breeding!! im hopeing they will breed!!! do they cross breed :S yellow labs with my Pseudotropheus blue ???

It's a possibility, I have a female l.caeruleus that will only breed with a m.callainos despite having plenty of her own males to choose from. :rolleyes:

Yah it does lol

It's a possibility, I have a female l.caeruleus that will only breed with a m.callainos despite having plenty of her own males to choose from. :rolleyes:
haha kool! waiting game to see what happens!

not just mine then lol.

its been happening for the last 2 weeks or so. the waters perfect and the fish look healthy just hope they dont catch them selves on the sharp rocks

I bought some Apistogramma MacMasteri at the weekend - which had paired already. I noticed the boy doing this last night and was a bit worried about it..... yay to it being a good thing though!!!!

Cheers guys!

my cichlids were doing the exact same and rubbing off the coral sand but i thought i read somewhere it may be a sign of amonia in the tank but i checked the water stats and there was none so possibly a new maturnity tank may have to be bought soon,

stan

my cichlids were doing the exact same and rubbing off the coral sand but i thought i read somewhere it may be a sign of amonia in the tank but i checked the water stats and there was none so possibly a new maturnity tank may have to be bought soon,

stan

Occasional flicking is usually a sign of aggression rather than breeding and is perfectly normal. :good: However, continous flicking should be looked at more closely.

And chr15, don't worry about the sharp rocks, they shoudn't hurt themselves.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back