Why Are My Plants Turning Brown?!

CBBP

Fish Addict
Reaction score
As you can see in this picture http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/BTC...cyTails/72g.jpg I had a really pretty tank! it looked like that till about a week ago.. the moneywort all died.. the vals are pretty much crap now.. the glossia has been moved as it was dieing.. my wisteria has stopped growing.. the foxfrill is almost all brown the chain sword is just now starting to rot and yeah! the only thing doing good is the plant between the wisteria and foxfrill.

I don’t get it.. I add ferts.. for root growing plants I put under gravel fert and I add a small amount of co2. my WPG is 1.3 0_o I mean if it was the WPG why would it been fine for almost a mount and then have troubles now?

Plants store energy, and use this energy up when conditions aren't good -- much like humans/animals store energy as fat -- when starved of something, they live off this energy. In this case, it's lighting.

that makes sence.. so would 2.2 wpg do?

could I be adding too much fert? according to the fert calc I am not 0_o

try some different plants...

sometimes plants just don't work out even though your conditions are correct.. I haven't had such a great time with crypts or my swords when other people have great success.. just try something else..plants are cheap

nah.. my wristeria does good in all my other tanks.

then stick with the same ol stuff that isn't growing and is turning brown. :lol:

well I jsut got to more tubes.. now I have 2.2 WPG but now I have to pick a ligh up and move it to open the hood haha. some day I will just get compact power lights. 0_o but not now..

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back