Who Wants Some Pearlweed?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

cooledwhip

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have lots of pearlweed growing in almost all of my aquariums. By far my favorite plant. So easy to grow under minimal conditions. I need to trim the pearlweed AT LEAST 2 times a week. it grows so fast and it grows tall too. It grows out of my tank. I don't use co2. I only use fertilizers, EI. method. I grow it in different tanks with zero ferts and it grows just as fast (I fert my main tank for other plants, not just the pearlweed)

Either way, everytime I trim my main tank I usually get about a golf ball or tennis ball sized clump of these trimmings. I end up throwing them out. Would anyone want to purchase some? This plant isn't rare by any means, but it's so common and a staple in the hobby. I see bunches of 20 stems going for $10. I'll sell a golf ball sized portion for $5 and a tennis ball sized portion for $10. Shipping depends on where you are.

USA only please.

My plants come from aquariums, sorry, there are pond snails TECHNICALLY in my tank. I bought some assassin snails a month ago and haven't seen a pond snail, but I don't want to get blamed if a pond snail shows up in your tank.

All from healthy fish, no ich, nothing. It may take a while as I had rescaped a part of my tank and got rid of a massive bush and a massive stem producer. 

Also keep in mind these won't be organized into bunches, you will just get a ball of this for you to organize on your own. (Or you could just plant the ball, if your tank is healthy it will find it's own way to the substrate/lights and grow roots/stems out of either end, it's a smart plant).

I can keep this going practically forever as I always have lots of this stuff growing. I plan on setting up a 50 gallon tank in my basement this winter, strictly for pearlweed and shrimps as I plan on restarting my shrimp colony. 

Thanks much!

ill take some for free but  I wont pay for that stuff lol

Pearlweed makes a very pretty carpet but I'm not sure the area of my tank is big enough, given the way it spreads.

I haven't seen any for sale in any of my local pet stores recently.

Some water plants spread so easily in my part of the world that stores are not permitted to sell them because they can choke waterways and lakes if they get into stormwater systems.

I might make a few more enquires now you've brought it to my attention

Aquarian58 said:
Pearlweed makes a very pretty carpet but I'm not sure the area of my tank is big enough, given the way it spreads.

I haven't seen any for sale in any of my local pet stores recently.

Some water plants spread so easily in my part of the world that stores are not permitted to sell them because they can choke waterways and lakes if they get into stormwater systems.

I might make a few more enquires now you've brought it to my attention
No need to worry about it spreading too much. If anything that's good.

Plus I have never had it spread. The only thing that happens is it grows really tall which kills off some of the shorter stems around it. Just trim it and you will be fine.

I have only carpeted it once and it didn't turn out too well. This is a better foreground plant. Or heck, a background plant if you let it grow out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back