Who Keeps Galaxy Rasboras/celestial Pearl Danios

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

rocknurworld2006

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Just wondering who keeps these and how many have u got?

i have 18 adults and 10 young ones =28

Hi

I have 4 - did have 12 but i had to temporarily house an angel in their tank and 8 went the way of the DoDo!!!

lovely little fish though, im on the look out for some more.

Sean

Hi

I have 4 - did have 12 but i had to temporarily house an angel in their tank and 8 went the way of the DoDo!!!

lovely little fish though, im on the look out for some more.

Sean

when i get these young ones a bit bigger as there a bit young yet i will be selling them?

With the Galaxy Rasboras, do they require any special conditions?

I am currently cycling a 55Gal once its up and running I really fancied some of these little gems and was wondering if they are any different form other stuff I keep Platies, Tetras, Panda Cories.

Any good sources of info or experience you have had with them?

They seem to be hardy IME, though I haven't got any significant number of fry out of them :sad: My group of 4 are all male, so I think that may be inhibiting the breeding success of them ATM. Used to have 6, but the two females have vanished :unsure: I've had them a good 18months now, and they are still as active as ever. Be careful about giving adiquate cover. The males are very agressive toward each other untill a clear packing order is developed within the group, and they are IME very skittish fish. My group are some of the first wild caught ones though, so that may be contributing to the skittishness.

There were a few good sites about for info, though I can't remember them and they aren't in my bookmarked pages lists :/

HTH some
Rabbut

I got 9 from a breeder in about february and they have were in my 55 gallon but looked so lost they are now in a 6 gallon and still have all 9, so yes I agree they are hardy but never bred. I love them but they are so small they seem almost insignificant.

I saw some of these in a shop last month and loved them, that and some congo Tertra's! The joys of having a bigger tank!! Just gotta wait for the tank to cycle and check compatibility with the other tank mates.

Thanks very much

The problem with Galaxy's are that the young are absolutely helpless for the first few weeks, and they are so tiny so that if you have gravel etc on the base of the tank you wouldn't see them or they could get trapped. I had no problem breeding them in a species tank with bare bottom and plenty of java moss to protect them from their parents, from a group of 8 I ended up with over 50 fish.

So my advise for anyone wanting to breed is have a species tank which is bare bottom, plus they really appreciate live food with flake food on the odd occassion.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back