White Spot On My Pregnant Platy

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

itsjustscott

Reaction score
She was last ready to burst when i last sent in pictures still is, but two days in the breeding trap had to finally take her out of it.. Now when she is swimming around i noticed a white spot on her anal gland? Whats up with that, is that sign they might be near, as well as constant pooping. lol her tail is swishing back and forth differently then the others.

do you mean whitspot the disease or a white spot? please can you post a pic,
also if it is the disease it may be due to stress of the trap

She was last ready to burst when i last sent in pictures still is, but two days in the breeding trap had to finally take her out of it.. Now when she is swimming around i noticed a white spot on her anal gland? Whats up with that, is that sign they might be near, as well as constant pooping. lol her tail is swishing back and forth differently then the others.

I think maybe she just got a bit stressed in the trap, it happens loads on black mollies, you put them in a trap and they break out in white looking fungus all over, it goes after about 12 hours (i never treated for this as its never effected any of my fish or the molly.) i put it down to stress, although if it had of got worse then i would of treated.

A pic would be better though cos if it is a disease problem then it needs attention asap..

Keep a close eye on her, dont put her bk in the trap, even if she starts to drop... ( just be ready with the net to catch the fry lol)

Always only keep a fish in a trap for 2 days max.

i am pretty sure it wasnt a virus, it was more i thought of it as the start of the fry coming out, i took her out and she is fine, stressed though. lol
Give her a break and just watch for the fry, guess a real learning experience.

i am pretty sure it wasnt a virus, it was more i thought of it as the start of the fry coming out, i took her out and she is fine, stressed though. lol
Give her a break and just watch for the fry, guess a real learning experience.

Have you got many plants in the tank m8? if so try to bunch them together a bit so fry can go in them and be safe..

If i was you i would turn the light out and let her just have some peace and she will drop them when she is ready..

Maybe up the heater a degree or 2 that will help a bit.

After she has had the fry, make sure feed the mother cos she will be very hungry.

also you could add a few marbles, they hide in the cracks, but its up to you :hyper:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back