White Round Shape On Tank Glass

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ashyah

Reaction score
This showed up suddenly in my tank.It is dime sized and velvety. There is only one. White and round with tracks.
I have nothing in there than would leave something like this. The only snails that I have are trumpet ,ramshorns and a few pond snails that I see now and then which I kill.
Could it be a fungus?

Attachments

• DSCN3098.JPG
    DSCN3098.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 137
I'm not 100% sure what it is; it actually looks like slime mould!

Whatever, I would scrape it out and remove it; it's not the sort of thing we want in our tanks :)

That pic is of an anemone; an animal, not a fungus, or even a plant!

I'll agree that the OPs pic does look a bit like the 'holdfast' of an anemone, but I'm sure they would have mentioned if it had a head covered in tentacles!

fluttermoth said:

I'll agree that the OPs pic does look a bit like the 'holdfast' of an anemone, but I'm sure they would have mentioned if it had a head covered in tentacles!
Sorry,my post was not meant to disagree with you, I just was intrigued by the pic, also found pics of small freshwater jellyfish, that can attach to the glass and looking somewhat like that....but that's not being helpful either! 
blush.png

Meeresstille said:

Sorry,my post was not meant to disagree with you, I just was intrigued by the pic, also found pics of small freshwater jellyfish, that can attach to the glass and looking somewhat like that....but that's not being helpful either! 
blush.png
It's all right :)

You had a look around and found out some things, so it's all good!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back