What's new

White on Neon Tetra

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

livelifelow

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
IMG_0699.JPG IMG_0706.JPG IMG_0709.JPG IMG_0711.JPG IMG_0713.JPG IMG_0714.JPG IMG_0716.JPG IMG_0717.JPG Hello, I am coming to the end of treating for ich and have some white on a neon that doesn't look like ich. The white part sticks up a little bit off the fish, I can't tell if it's just injury from rubbing the rocks or if I brought home another problem.

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 5-10
Temp: 86 (normally 76)
Chemicals: API CO2 booster, Flourish comprehensive supplement, Flourish root tabs, aquarium salt at 2g/l (normally no salt).
kH: 200ppm
gH: 18 degrees
Current stocking: 1 opaline gourami, 2 guppies, 2 neon tetras, 2 BN plecos, 1 black skirt tetra, 1 Julie Cory, 1 rainbow (not sure what kind), 5 nitrile snails, half a million pond snails
Recent additions: 2 rainbows (1 sick the next day and passed a day later)
Food: API Tropical greens, hikari algae wafers, Omega One for shrimp pellets, bribe shrimp, and tubifex worms. Feeding is tubifex worms after w/c, flakes in morning algae wafer at nights or brine shrimp in morning and shrimp pellets at night every other day, no food on Sunday.

W/c: 50% once a week

Tank: 34 gallons

I got a lesson on the value of quarantine, and am at the end of ich treatment, but still have something on the neon. I have attached several poor quality photos. The white stuff is on the left side of the fish and on one of his lower fins.

Thank you all!

I am gong to guess a infection from the ich being there.Should go away by its own,you may want other opinions just to be safe though.

Can you get a close up of that fish please?

Can you get a close up of that fish please?

Do you have any suggestions for how to do so? I was hoping to net it and put it in a breeding box, but it was too fast and smart for me to get. These were the best I could get during feeding, and I'm pretty sure the only camera that I have is the one on my phone.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back