White Hair Algae

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Platy lover

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have hair algae all over my tank and it ticks me off. How can I get it off of everything? http://www.flickr.com/photos/67537901@N02/6778373095/in/photostream[/img]

That's exactly what I have-even my redmoor is "fluffy". I went to pets at home and bought a white hair algae remover, I haven't used it yet, will do it after my water change tomorrow. You can't change the water once it's treated obv so I will try it and see if it works!

That's exactly what I have-even my redmoor is "fluffy". I went to pets at home and bought a white hair algae remover, I haven't used it yet, will do it after my water change tomorrow. You can't change the water once it's treated obv so I will try it and see if it works!
Ugh...I just did a water change and all the hair algae settled on everything again. >.<

Ugh...I just did a water change and all the hair algae settled on everything again. >.<
I hate when that happens :crazy: everything turns white, I thought it was sand that had fell from the filter at first then saw the strands-mines is at that stage it's strands and I want it gone. Tomorrow will be the moment of truth-if I can figure out the measurements :rolleyes:

I hate when that happens :crazy: everything turns white, I thought it was sand that had fell from the filter at first then saw the strands-mines is at that stage it's strands and I want it gone. Tomorrow will be the moment of truth-if I can figure out the measurements :rolleyes:
I have had the WORST luck ever with my aquarium.

Awww *hugs* I know how you feel, I have had some luck too - the amount of guppies i've had die on me :-( :crazy: It gets so frustrating-none of my other fish have died, but sometimes seems I can't do anything right :(

Awww *hugs* I know how you feel, I have had some luck too - the amount of guppies i've had die on me :-( :crazy: It gets so frustrating-none of my other fish have died, but sometimes seems I can't do anything right :(
I lost 5 cories, a guppy, and a ghost shrimp in the span of 4 days

and your waters all fine? My water was spot on and the guppys kept dying. The only others to die was a peppered cory but do they not prefer cooler temperatures? plus my female gourami was bullying him :(

and your waters all fine? My water was spot on and the guppys kept dying. The only others to die was a peppered cory but do they not prefer cooler temperatures? plus my female gourami was bullying him :(
The water was messed up since I changed the filter cartridge. My male dwarf gourami is an EVIL thing.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back