White Fuzz?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Yanks15

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I am cycling a new tank. I bought some lace rock. I sprayed it off before putting it in and noticed it had some yellowish-orange growth on it. I cleaned it off and put the rock in. Apparently I didn't get it all and it seems to have grown back and also has a fuzzy white growth along with it. Is this safe for Mbuna or another fish for that matter? It looks like a fungus and it has started to creep onto the gravel. any help would be much appreciated!!

Tank001.jpg

Tank002.jpg

Sounds like a bacteria bloom IMO, had the same thing when cycling my nano, it only lasted for about a week though

I set up a new tank but put in a filter with mature media and I had this white fuzzy stuff all over the heater, but my Oto catfish and Apple snails ate it... :p

I decided to pull all of it out and give it a good scrubbing. Hopefully it doesn't come back.

It's fungus. When it eats all the leftover organic material that it prefers to eat, it will go away. I can't really comment if it's harmful or not, that would depend on what species of fungus it is.

It's fungus. When it eats all the leftover organic material that it prefers to eat, it will go away. I can't really comment if it's harmful or not, that would depend on what species of fungus it is.

I thought so too. I decided to try and get rid of it hoping it doesn't rear it's ugly head again. We'll see. :look:

Sounds , and looks logical.

Most reactions

trending

Back