White Cloud In Betta Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

petitelupin

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
so im at my boyfriends and our one betta's bowl has a mysterious white cloudy mass settled in the rocks. We clean it regularly and i was just wondering if it was hazardous

Is it like cloudy water or something more tangible?

I'd say that it was a food pellet or bits of flake that have fallen between the rocks and gone fuzzy fungus.

so just change the water?
im going to florida tomorrow so i was going to anyways...but what about an automatic feeder, is that ok? it says it wont cloud the water and its not one of those dissolvable kinds

How long will you be away for?

Is there anyone that could pop in and feed them for you? We've never used a feeder so can't comment on whether they would work or not. I would be worried that any left over food would soon pollute the water in a 2 gal.

Other than that the only other option is to give one good feed before you leave making sure that he eats everything and then not feeding for a week. It's not ideal but we've had poorly bettas before that have gone weeks refusing food so they may be ok for 7 days.

well he lives in my boyfriends room at a frturnity house..dont know that i trust stupid boys who drink all day to feed my fishy..but i suppose i could try

IMO, autofeeders=bad. They usually wind up feeding too much and mucking up the water.

Maybe you could find one boy that is less stupid than the rest......I'm sure there must be one :lol:

it doesnt feed autoumatically...it sits there and they have to peck at it to eat.

Those are even worse...whatever that chalky stuff is seems to really make the water funky.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back