whiptail catfish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

tdins_2

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i went to the lfs today to buy a clown pleco and i saw they had a whiptail and a banjo catfiah so after a long hard think i bought the whiptail and the clown i need some more info on it and some opinions [please

i have looked at some sites but it doesn't quite look like them it has a bit long pointy nose

From what I remember about farlowellas they love algae, they will also eat fresh vegetables and frozen food.
Are you sure the Farlowella you have is an Acus? Try Planet Catfish, they have a few different profiles of different Farlowellas.

http://fish.orbust.net/clownpleco.html

Check out this article a wrote on them in might help. Whiptails need good water conditions. You will hardly see them move until after lights out. They need relativly peaceful companions and plenty of vegie matter in their diet.

I have a Twig Catfish, have had for a couple of months now. He just likes to sit head up on a leaf of my Amazon Sword plant. He rarely moves and is quite inactive, but I think this is very normal for this fish. I found that he sucks one of my leaves to death almost then moves on to the next one, its about the only time I see him move. He really is a cool fish, though he does need good, clean water. I have had no problems keeping him at all. I feed blanched cucumber but rarely see him take the slightest bit of interest in it, think he prefers the leaf.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back