Which Filter Output?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

cooledwhip

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I recently bought a fluval 306 for my 29 gallon tank. I'm not sure if I should use the included output nozzle that came with the filter, or one of the ZooMed Aquasweep's that I picked up for FREE at aquatic experience. (I actually have 6 >:) hehe)

Anyway, here is a link to the zoomed one:

http://www.zoomed.com/db/products/E...1bSI7czo4OiJLZXl3b3JkcyI7czo3OiJGaWx0ZXJzIjt9

It basically rotates and changes direction in where the water outputs. I don't know if I should keep that or switch to the one that came with the filter. Which one do you think is better for flow? There is little to no surface agitation with the aquasweep one. I may have to switch to the fluval one but I want to see what you all say. Thanks

I have a fluval 306 working with an FX6 on my African mbuna tank. It is really just a backup in case something happens to the FX6 but still a great little filter. I am using the nozzle that came with it with no issues at all. Flow is fine for my fish. I guess it just depends on what fish or animals are in your tank - for example, my mbunas love high flow rates (hence the two powerful filters), while in my axolotl tank I have an eheim 2217 with spray bar attachment because axies are very sensitive to powerful currents.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back