Where do i start? revitalizing an old tank.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lethidox

Reaction score
I am running a 55gal salt water tank and EVERYTHING must go. tank, filters, etc.. i basically need to start from scratch pretty much.

i am currently going to move said tank to a new room in a few days but i am looking at doing it the easiest possible way.

i was wondering what is the easiest way to upgrade equipment to boost quality of my current setup. i am looking to upgrade the 3 most expensive parts first.

1. tank ( i just need a new tank the current one i got i bought pre owned and the seller didn't say how bad the condition was until i got a look at it. price wise it was cheap and i needed a bigger tank ).

2. i need a new filter ( cannister; i have NO experience with sumps or how to set one up cost wise it will probably land me a lot of money if i even opted for a sump as well just due to individual equipment like a skimmer and all that ) saving the sump for later when i am more experienced.

3. power heads

im literally talking about EVERYTHING must go no joke i want to basically start from scratch but use as much pre existing equipment as i can to help save money and upgrade things slowly. right now im looking for water quality/health of my fish versus looks. the tank alone can wait.

any help/advice is appreciated. i have an RODI system but filters might need to be replaced, i used to have parameter testing tools but no idea where they went. only thing i am going to keep overall is the fish and the stand. everything else needs to be changed ASAP.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back