The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jazzy123abc

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi there, 
59.gif

I bought a female guppy about 4 weeks ago and she was preggers from the day she came home. Sheis now huge (ill show pic) and I am getting very anxious on the arrival of the fry. She just got her boxy look last night and is pooping sort of this hair like white stuff, is this normal? should I be worried?

I have had a successful betta spawn and I have just recently got into guppies so there is still so much to learn!

I have her in a 2 gallon birthing tank so the males and other females wont annoy her and eat the babies. She is staying mostly near the top with not a lot of movement. She is swimming kind of funny, I think because the fry are weighing her down?

Thanks for any and all answers!
smile.png

file:///C:/Users/Olivia/Pictures/Fish%20Product/Other%20Pics/IMG_8112.JPG

can you see this pic? the photo really doesnt showhow big she is though :0

I can not view the pic but frame what you sad she might give hearth soon does she have a black spot right under her teal? If she does she will have them soon hope I helped snork6

her black spot is quite big and is also quite dark I will try and find a way to post the pic :)

wait, can you copy and paste the url into the address bar? or does that not work?

Wow so happy your baby's will be here soon

oh ya i would turn off the light so to not streass out the fish if you need to watch her turn on the light in the room not in the tank your other fish will be just fin with the light off

okay awesome :) I will surely do that! and also about the white hair string stuff? is it bad? :)

Livebearers do have long stringy pooh, normally it's dark. White can be an indicator of internal parasites.

The first two babies came this morning and they are super healthy!!!! :)))) still in labour though :) 

the_lock_man said:
Livebearers do have long stringy pooh, normally it's dark. White can be an indicator of internal parasites.
Yes, as soon as she is done, which she should be by now, try and to remove the fry or the mother.  The fry can still easily be infected by the parasites.  I am currently dealing with a type of worm.  I have only five fry from my females last drop, and all of my adult guppies and male molly have some sort of worm.  She can continue to drop fry, but I would try and get her a different tank than the others. 

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back