Whats Your Favorite Oddballs?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I recently discovered "wood cats" tatias? They have weird little alien faces really cool.
Also the Jade sleeper goby actually pretty much any goby or puffer but I'll always have a soft spot for IDP's

My favorite Oddball:

oddball2.jpg

FriedFlowerHornFillet said:
I recently discovered "wood cats" tatias? They have weird little alien faces really cool.
Also the Jade sleeper goby actually pretty much any goby or puffer but I'll always have a soft spot for IDP's
Yea their cousin Centromochlus perugiae is one of my favorites, theyre to small for my tanks unfortunately haha, gobies are pretty cool as well, most non-american species get quite large though.

eaglesaquarium said:
My favorite Oddball:

oddball2.jpg
Cant say hes apart of my time, but to each his own i suppose :D 
rofl.gif

sawickib said:
Cant say hes apart of my time, but to each his own i suppose
biggrin.png

rofl.gif

Kelly's Heroes... give it a watch sometime.  Classic stuff.
yes.gif

Hmm, am not really an 'oddball' fish kinda guy though I do like Ctenopoma acutirostre - Leopard Bushfish, always appealed to me.

Of course Black Ghost Knife is a stunner as well, think its the way they swim with that single long fin thats kinda mesmerising.

I have no idea if they are classed as oddballs. But I recently came across a freshwater frogfish. They look so awesome :D

I mostly love the weird looking fish

Here is my list from 1 to 5
1. Retic stingray(patomotrygon reticulates)
2.Mbu puffer(tetraodon mbu)
3.African rope fish(Erpetoichthys calabaricus)
4.Spotted tail spiny eel(macrognathus siamensis)
5.African butterfly fish(pantodon buchhalzi)

My favourite ODDBALLS are Clarius(walking catfish),Rope Fish,and I used to have an albino African lungfish.

Massive oddball fan but I no longr have the space or tanks for them. Favourite oddballs I have kept are 
Clown Knifefish
Fire eel
Gymnothorax Tiles
Toadfish
Giraffe Cat
Spotted Gar
Ornatapinis Bichir

I currently have a 200 Gallon, about to be upgraded to a 12 x 4 x 2 Foot (yes that's still your 200 Gallon Simon). I am basing these whole tanks on my 2 favourite oddballs I'd say. Bichirs, currently only got 4 but will be upping that number, and datnoides, only got one Microlepis at around 12", but I'll be upping that number too.

I have also had a thing for Elephant Nose' since about 7 years ago I got a group of about 6 in a tank, but |I only had them for a few months and had to get rid of the tank. I have just today added the first fish to a 100gallon I have set up specifically for a group of 7+ Elephants.

If I had to pick, I think I may actually just edge towards a good sized group of elephants, fantastic fish.

kniesh said:
I currently have a 200 Gallon, about to be upgraded to a 12 x 4 x 2 Foot (yes that's still your 200 Gallon Simon). I am basing these whole tanks on my 2 favourite oddballs I'd say. Bichirs, currently only got 4 but will be upping that number, and datnoides, only got one Microlepis at around 12", but I'll be upping that number too.

I have also had a thing for Elephant Nose' since about 7 years ago I got a group of about 6 in a tank, but |I only had them for a few months and had to get rid of the tank. I have just today added the first fish to a 100gallon I have set up specifically for a group of 7+ Elephants.

If I had to pick, I think I may actually just edge towards a good sized group of elephants, fantastic fish.

I'd be interested to see how the elephants get on because been thinking the same about them myself. Theyare great fish

Went round to see if I could get them then but no joy, so got a pair of Apistagramma Cacatuoides an 6 Ghost Tiger barbs to start that school of 30 off I want

kniesh said:

We share pretty similar tastes in fish haha, in a few years I plan on doing a 300 gallon for a pair of red severums, my L25, gymnothorax polyuradon, and lastly my mbu puffer, theyre all in a 180 rn lol.

But also I definitely plan on retrying the elephant nose tank, probably around 125 gallons with 8 elephants and some bristlenoses. 

You ever try special ordering? Usually the stores (excluding chains like petsmart and petco) can just order the fish and amount you want.

We do definitely have similar tastes :) I will end up ordering the Elephant Nose, I will probably ask Wildwoods, which means paying slightly more but getting a better quality fish in the main. I've just ordered a Four Barred Dat, a Thin Barred Dat an 4 different types of Whiptail from them yesterday. I can't stop once I get on there. Or I'll go to Pier an ask them to get them in, that's where I got my last ones from

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back