Whats The Best Food For Red Belly Pirahna

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

roro

Reaction score
hi guys what are the best foods to feed red belly pirahnas i know about goldfish feeders but wanna know what else is good for them thanks

he pm'ed you because its human flesh and he doesnt want people to know he is a killer :crazy: :crazy:

Only jokin

:rofl: :rofl: hey I have heard they are keen on ex wives!

feeder goldfish, guppys etc... For older specimens and bloodworms for smaller ones. You can feed beef heart, chicken crab sticks aswell etc...

J4MES

he pm'ed you because its human flesh and he doesnt want people to know he is a killer :crazy: :crazy:

Only jokin

:rofl: :rofl: hey I have heard they are keen on ex wives!

Actually I'm a she. And I take offense to that doresy. :hyper: Just kidding.

Soylent Green is humans, it's huuuuummmmmaaaaaannnnnsssss!!!!!! :shout:

a variety of things is best, because then they get lots of different nutrients. Pirahnas like meaty things best, but if they will take pellets, that's to be encouraged as formulated fish foods are designed to contain a complete range of nutrients.

Beef heart is not good for them at all and should be avoided and only given as a treat once in a great while. I should say unless you get it from the butcher and have all the fat trimmed off but still feed sparingly.

White fish fillets like tilapia is good for them as are catfish nuggets, shrimp, prawns, octopus, nightcrawlers, peas etc.

Goldfish, guppy's and any feeder fish are not good for them either.

I also suggest using PraziPro.

If your ok with using live foods once and awhile fish/mice might be good ideas, along with a balance of pellets etc.
(don't flame me for suggesting fish/mice)

Most reactions

Back