Whats Happening Here

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

tony2501

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi

Girlfriend has a couple of female betta that keep resting/sticking themselves up against the filter intake.
Water stats are OK (PH 7, Amonia, Nitrite and Ntrate 0). There is nothing in the tank bothering them. But I'm worried as the intake is sucking scales off them. All other fish in the tank are behaving normally.

Thanks

Perhaps the filter is too powerful? You can prevent the girls from getting stuck by getting some filter sponge and cutting a hole in it, then sticking it around the intake. It will allow smaller particles to pass, but the girls won't get stuck to the hard plastic. It may decrease the strength of your filter, however.

Some of my females love to be held by the filter. They swim up and let the water attach them to the side where they can just watch the world go by. Must feel nice to have the water going past them i suppose. They soon move though when i go to feed them :)

^^^^
Very true! I have 1 girl who is quite attached (literally) to her filter, it's her favorite place to be, and I have to wiggle the filter top just to get her to come and eat. Silly girl! :p

Thanks, we'll keep an eye on her, just to make sure they are not getting hurt and use the wool if need be.

When they started doing that i thought they were dead and sucked up but watching them they would move an eye or take a breathe, scares the life out of you though. :lol:

My female HATES filters, I put a small filter in her 3 gallon(about 16gph) and turned it all the way down and she had VERY clear stress stripes and there was little to no current at all, so now that filter is on my killi tank and she's fine.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back