What Was Your Fastest Growing Fish?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

b0668099

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am sat watching the NBA (or rather being distracted by my plec sucking some glass.) just wondering what the fastest growing common(ish) tropical fish you have owned is?

also what fish was the slowest growing? (naturally- not stunted)

and always a fun question.....most annoying?

try to have fun with this.

x.

i would say my fastest growing fish is my Common Plec , its went from 2 inches to 4 in a month :crazy: :D
his name is lucky since i bought him on Friday the 13th :lol:

i think its because i feed him alot of veg, and he sucks on algae all day.
what size of tank do you have yours in just out of interest?

i think its because i feed him alot of veg, and he sucks on algae all day.
what size of tank do you have yours in just out of interest?

i just recently upgraded to an 165l , 4foot. i only recently got into the hobby because my friend gave me a 2.5 foot 60l i got pleccy (the plec - original i know) as my first fish, he was about 3.5 inch now he is probably tip to tip 5 inch.

I had a syno eupterus go from 1 inch to about 7 inches in less than 6 months, has not really grown since, but I had to redo the tank so he could fit in hiding places!

My caecilians grew over an inch a month when they were young. They also ate like crazy. Then one month it like just stopped.......I actually though something was wrong with them, because they started eating only 1/3 what they use to.

We haven't really kept a lot of variety of fish, but I guess our platy grow pretty quickly. Seems like they're newborn 1 min and an inch long already in a blink of an eye.
All of my bettas that I got when they were still small grew fairly quickly as well.
Slowest growing, no idea.

Most annoying..... the remaining guppies we have now. We had some before that were great little fish. Friendly to eachother and tankmates.. but the ones we have now pester every fish in the tank. They look nice, but I can't stand them.

my tiger loach is growing like a weed, he was about an inch when i got him about 2 months ago and now hows about3 and a half and a fat little sucker lol

Fastest I've had as far as growth would def be my Tiger Oscar. Has grown about 5-6 inches in less than 7 months.... estimation. Pics since I bought him 8-21-08 (recent posted pic is over 1 month old):
dsc00470pm0.jpg

dsc008221507612tp4.jpg

My Hifin Plec is the next runner up for fast growing.... hes grown pretty fast on an average of 3-4 algae wafers a day and the natural algae growth in the tank (including the driftwood).

Slowest growing would def be my Flying Fox. The bugger hasn't put on much body mass for a while.

Most annoying --- newly purchased Ottos......... they stick around for a couple weeks and then die off most of the time. These fish are beat to hell when you bring em home and you just have to buy more and hope that they school and survive. The original 'survivors' in the tank are always fine.... .the new ones are SO finicky ----------- I need a super reliable fish store from now on to buy new ones.

I think my Bristlenose plecs are the fastest. Slowest is probably the Clown loaches. The one I have is over a year old (from the time I got him, anyway) and he's twice as big as when I got him. But when you factor in how small he was at the start, that doesn't mean much, lol.

The African Dwarf Frogs seem to grow pretty rapidly too, I think.

common(sailfin plec) fastest growing

slowest would be my cory's

most anoying would be tiger barbs they attack everything

My fastest: silver arowanas. 22-24" overnight. lol
IMG_2168.jpg

My slowest: probably my datnoids. its between them and the clown loaches. they both grow extremely slow
utf-8BSU1HMDAwNjktMjAwOTAxMDktMTM0M.jpg

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZXJye.jpg

FASTEST GROWING FISH OF ALL TIME.......................

.....................................CLARIAS CATFISH.................................
....it devours everything.....and cost me £500 in malawis.....

went from a 2 inch fish to a 9 inch fish in 6 months and is still growing and now sits around
12 inches.......

AVOID THIS FISH IT WILL EAT EVERYTHING.

my fastest is probley the kissing gourmi going from about an inch to 3-4inch in about 5-6months

slowest was the clown loach bt i got rid of him .

Most annoying is the geophagus surimensis as its always re-aranging my decor.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back