What type of tail type

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Idolz

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Lately I've been seeing pictures of female VTs and they look nothing like some of my older females so I was wondering if you guys could help me find out what they really are?

This is an older female

And this one here as well...
The pictures aren't the best but it's hard to keep them still long enough for the digital cam to kick in :(

I'd say VT. Well, I'd definately rule out DT (duh!) and it doesn't look like a CT or HM. Or delta.

Yippppeeeee!!! This is my 1000th post!!! Sorry, thought its a good achievement :dunno:

Just for tekk I took a better picture :p
I know that they aren't dt, ct, hm and all that. I was just thinking that... their tails aren't verry "viely" for vieltails... :D

Edit:*waves back to tekk*

I was kinda hoping someone would :D
You can kind of see that the rays split... I didn't think vts usually did that

Well, looking at the pics on the pinned topic, I still have no idea. Where did you get her from? If from a chain petshop or similar then its most likely to be a vt, unless they do plakat males...

I got them at a chain petstore..
They only sell vt males. These were more of a plain color than the other females.
Some of them were even DT's

Females are so hard to classify, to me atleast. Whatever they are, they're cuties! *so sweet for doing it, just for me ;) *

the last pic to me looks like a male plakat lol
looks like the twin to my male plakat

Idolz said:
And this one here as well...
The pictures aren't the best but it's hard to keep them still long enough for the digital cam to kick in :(

post-5-1110909093.jpg
It think this isn't a female but a plakat male.....

The fish on the first picture could be a plakat or VT female.

Many greetings from the Netherlands,

Joep

have a looki btween his ventrals is there a bigy white eggs spot? they only reason i say its a male plakat because
1)he is a perfect match to my one in everyway
2) he has very long ventrals
is he in the same tank with the girlys?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back