What Type Of Plants Are These? Pics!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Blade118

Fishaholic
Reaction score
:look: Well as title says, can someone help me work out what kind of plants these are? Sorry photos are not the best but any ideas perhaps would really be good

Thanks in advance! I think one might be an amazon sword but not sure!

Attachments

• Picture_018.jpg
    Picture_018.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 47
  • Picture_019.jpg
    Picture_019.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Picture_020.jpg
    Picture_020.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 42
  • Picture_021.jpg
    Picture_021.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 42
:look: Well as title says, can someone help me work out what kind of plants these are? Sorry photos are not the best but any ideas perhaps would really be good

Thanks in advance! I think one might be an amazon sword but not sure!
Hi,
The tall one is some sort of amazon sword im sorry, i dont know exactly what kind. And the other one is posibly ludwigia Repens or at least somesort of ludwigia not exactly possitive of what type.
- nate

the first one isn't an amazon sword, it's not an aquatic plant at all i'm afraid, i can't remember the name but i got conned into one of those once as well. it's not true aquatic though and won't root.

this is an amazon sword:
AmazonSwordWFPR_C145.jpg

the second i can't tell i'm afraid.

the first one isn't an amazon sword, it's not an aquatic plant at all i'm afraid, i can't remember the name but i got conned into one of those once as well. it's not true aquatic though and won't root.

this is an amazon sword:
AmazonSwordWFPR_C145.jpg

the second i can't tell i'm afraid.

Really? I hope its not bad for the tank!
And thanks for the answers!

the first one looks like a draceana (spelling) which will rot in a few months, just pot it and put it in your window.

cant help with second.

I dont think the first plant is dracaena. But what should i do with it? I have had this plant in my other tank for about 3months now and its growing and growing and that is a cutting. Suggestions?

I dont think the first plant is dracaena. But what should i do with it? I have had this plant in my other tank for about 3months now and its growing and growing and that is a cutting. Suggestions?

If it's growing then leave it, sometimes terrestial plants can change to submerged life but most rot.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back