What Type Of Parasite/worm?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

dpantale

Reaction score
I have a goldfish that suffers from some sort of parasitic infection. The symptoms are a bump that appears near the head or dorsal fin and grows for several weeks and then finally bursts. It looks like there was a worm inside however it doesn't look like the usual Anchor worm photos I've seen and the growing bump doesn't match the symptoms I've read. My girlfriend said that a fish store person told her it was an Angle worm, but I'm not sure she heard that correctly since I haven't seen Angle worm discussed on the internet.

Does anyone have any ideas what this might be? I'm sorry but I don't have any photos.

I don't think so. The cyst/bump on my fish is not transparent, it's just a bump that keeps getting bigger. It's almost like a pimple, just before it bursts the top gets somewhat white.

Unfortunately I am at a complete loss :/
Is there no way at all that you can get a picture?

While you wait on someone who knows more about fish diseases to come along, perhaps we can figure out why it's happening? Are your water parameters good, tank cycled?

Yes, water parameters are good. The fish was originally kept in an outdoor pool but has been separated into a plastic container where the water was regularly changed. We're now giving him/her a treatment of Prazipro. Hopefully that'll do the trick.

I certainly hope so!
Let us know how it goes :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back