What Type Of Livebearers Do You Keep,

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Some of my live bearing fish.
Ameca splendens common name butterfly-goodeid, introduced to the UK in 1972 Endangered in the wild) well established in home aquariums around the world. One of the easiest of the goodeid family to keep and breed grow to 3 to 4 inches in length best kept in a large aquarium at least 3 foot long in the wild they spend much of their time grazing on algae and will feed on live food when it becomes available. In captivity this species can live and survive on a diet of prepared flak foods however I prefer to feed them on a varied diet of prepared and live food when I'm not feeding them live food I feed them on spinach or duckweed I grow the duckweed in a large tank in which I keep the bulldog goodeid. Alloophorus-robustus. A. robustus have no interest eating duckweed they are Predators and will eat all live foods and any fish that will fit in a mouth they do well on prepared pellet food frozen mussel, and Beef heart, live earthworms, white worms, and river shrimps,

IMG_1483 (640x480) (2).jpg IMG_1525 (640x480).jpg
amaca splendens feeding on duck weed

IMG_1519 (640x470) (2).jpg IMG_1493 (640x454).jpg
Ilyodon xantusi,
very fond of eating duckweed A. robustus tank

IMG_1184 (640x480) - Copy.jpg
Male spear tail guppy with one of its Young when I first got them the female was not in good condition she just lay at bottom of bag. when I got the fish home I put the female in a tank by herself in a water depth of 4 inches all she could do was lay on the bottom of the tank and occasionally try to swim to the surface with great difficulty then straight back to the bottom where it would lay on its side. there was very little that could be done for her after 3 weeks I was surprised that she gave birth to about 20 young however she did not recover from the illness .

IMG_2721 (640x480).jpg
Phalloceros caudimaculatus a very peaceful species can tolerate a wide temperature range.

They do well when kept in the low 70sf can be sensitive to sudden temperature change.

Today the xiphophorus variatus, Laguna had 20 good size healthy fry I will feed them fish science micro granules
also good for adult fish. their main diet will be livefoods first food will be micro worm starting from tomorrow

some of the fry and pic of the mother not as colourful as the mail but still a nice looking fish

IMG_3843 (640x427) (2).jpgIMG_3285 (640x427).jpg

MY Mosquito hatchery from May to mid-September I was hatching 2000 mosquito larvae a week,
one of the best live food for guppies,
IMG_7545 (640x480).jpg

I have two swordtails; one is a marigold and the other is a red velvet. I also have 9 adult guppies and 40+ young guppies. I plan on getting some platies.

How many generations can a tri og platys breed until you get genetic defects/Imbred

How old do guppies need to be in order to eat regular fish flakes instead of fry food?

fish can be inbred for many generations always bred from your best stock and always remove any deformities

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back