What Type Of Livebearers Do You Keep,

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

View attachment 83045
Allotoca zacapuensis
i have been keeping and breeding this species since 2006 and is still quite rare in the fish keeping hobby.

I do a Walter change of 30 to 40 percent fortnightly. they do well between temperatures of 64f to 70f. and can go outside through the summer months they will eat most food offered to them. to keep them in good condition they should have some live food in there diet. I find the fry are quite vulnerable to sudden water changes in the first few weeks of there life..
Today A. zacapuensis had 27 fry and another two are due to drop fry soon.

It’s that time of year for feeding live foods, some containers with blood worms, mosquito larvae, and water flea daphnia,) the yellow tub contains mostly blood worms reproducing well,
IMG_5474.jpg IMG_5200.jpg

Good for Getting fish in good breeding conditions and also helps bring out colour

Attachments

• IMG_5474.jpg
    IMG_5474.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_5214 (640x389).jpg
    IMG_5214 (640x389).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_5214 (640x389).jpg
    IMG_5214 (640x389).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 364
Guppies are awesome! I have six right now, as well as some swordtails. They don't deserve hate for being popular - there's a reason they are!

Guppy love <3

my fish house what's left of it for many years slowly deteriorating so decided to pull it down going to replace it, and build one of concrete
IMG_6069 (640x467).jpg

That sounds so exciting. Best of luck. I am planning two new tanks. A 38 and a 29 gallon. I am still unsure what to stick them with. Any suggestions? I was thinking of keeping fish from a smaller tank and having large colonies of the species. My biggest goal is for them to be freshwater and be capable of flock breeding.

All livebearing fish are capable of flock breeding most fish keepers have only kept the common livebearers, if you are interested in keeping livebearers there are so many rare and unusual ones to choose from.

Thank you, I am looking into the various species. I am also considering having two tanks for the two species I keep.

I bought a nice looking pair of sailfin mollies and following day the female produced over 30 fry.

IMG_6478 (640x480) (2).jpg IMG_6446 (640x480).jpg
Male sailfin some of the fry eating baby mosquito larvae

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back