What Type Of Livebearers Do You Keep,

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

some wild populations of guppies
IMG_2248 (640x454) (2) - Copy.jpg IMG_2200 (640x479) - Copy.jpg IMG_2273 (640x428) - Copy.jpg

I don't keep anything fancy and I don't do any planned breeding. But if we're just sharing pretty pictures here are some of my livebearers. Both fish are actually in the same tank, but the pic of the swordtail was taken before I converted to live plants. :)
tumblr_ojkowa2AXI1w2mmj8o1_1280.jpg tumblr_oljnt6E4lw1w2mmj8o1_1280.jpg

I have a photograph tank which helps but still can be difficult to get a good pic.

It don’t make any difference whether anyone breeds livebearers or share pictures
Nice looking fish

IMG_2648.JPG
black prince, characodon audax
not suited for the beginner.This species can be difficult for many experienced fishkeepers,
Thay can get very aggressive towards each other.

View attachment 82866
black prince, characodon audax
not suited for the beginner.This species can be difficult for many experienced fishkeepers,
Thay can get very aggressive towards each other.
IMG_2699.JPG
Ilyodon furcidens are a very peaceful species among themselves and with other fish so can do well in a community tank with fish of similar size, they grow to about 4 inches, easy to keep and breed should be kept in a large Aquarium with plenty of swimming space when well fed they tend to leave there young alone.

IMG_2916.JPG
Allotoca zacapuensis
i have been keeping and breeding this species since 2006 and is still quite rare in the fish keeping hobby.

I do a Walter change of 30 to 40 percent fortnightly. they do well between temperatures of 64f to 70f. and can go outside through the summer months they will eat most food offered to them. to keep them in good condition they should have some live food in there diet. I find the fry are quite vulnerable to sudden water changes in the first few weeks of there life..

Mosquito fish in the warmer months! Despite their bland looks their chock full
Of personality, I find it's fun taming these little guys from being skittish wild caught specimens, to feisty adorable fish willing to eat from your hand. The only downside is they usually come with skin and Gill flukes, but that's fixable :D

Hi All. New here.

Just to share what I have setup with my son on his very 1st aquarium. Thou its just a 10g tank, its a start for a young boy :) He has guppies, mollies and 2 tetra in the 10g. On a small tank, he is keeping a betta splendens. These are the pics.

10G Tank.jpg
Community Fishes in 10G.jpg
Blue Betta Splendens.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back