What Type Of Livebearers Do You Keep,

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

least Killifish. also known as heterandria formosa .
a nice looking fish although they're very small., can adapt to a wide temperature range I find they do well between 70-74F.

one of my half-beaks had 11 fry,
IMG_1054 (640x480).jpg
newly born fry
half-beaks eat all types of food they're very fond of fruit flies. flies are a good food for many fish.

I just got two guppies from Petsmart. Tom is a blue guppy while Tammy is a female guppy.

It is possible for a pair to get on quite happily together. However there is a risk of the female getting stressed by the male continuously chasing her. A trio of 1 male 2 females will be more suitable it should then help level out the aggression between the two females. More females can be added if necessarily.

A Good sizes female can produce 30+ fry. Every 3- 4 weeks depending temp- Guppies can take a wide temperature range 68f – 80f however they are more suited at 68f-74f it slows down there metabolism and in turn a more healthier and usually a longer living fish. Guppies will except all prepared foods part of their diet should include some live foods

Do live bearers like hard water? They used to do well where I used to live but since moving my fish aren't too happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes prefer a higher gh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

What range of GH do they like?

good article. i'm not convinced about the survival in the uk.
Guppies can survive out side throughout the summer months only.

Distribution
Introduced or feral populations also exist in around fifty other countries across the globe, including the UK.

My uneducated guess would be ...no

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

My water is like 70ppm which I reckon is too low? I was thinking of buying guppies actually, but maybe not a good idea now?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back