What type of filter will work in a nano tank?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

I_Smell_Fish

Reaction score
I have a betta in a 3.5 gallon tank. I'm learning that this is too small. I'm thinking of moving to a 5 gallon. I haven't been able to find a filter that would not be too strong for a 5 gallon. Is there a brand/model you recommend? My heater and plant light will work on a five gallon, or I'd move to a 10 gallon. Thanks!

Darrien

Sponge filters powered by air pumps are perfect for bettas. If the air pump creates too much water flow, you an use an air line splitter to bleed some air off and slow the flow. This is the one I have in my betta's tank, but there are lots of different brands out there.

Could you not just use the same filter too?

Bettas don't like a high flow, and have a fairly low bioload, so I don't see why you couldn't use the same one

Azoo mignon its a hob. Adjustable to 60gph can be had on amazon for under 20 bucks. Used to be popular ive never used it. Been around a long time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Adjustable to 60gph
You mean 60 liters per hour don't you?

60gph Thats 227 liters per hour in a 14 liter tank, and that would be too powerful for any fish in such a small tank.

If you are getting a bigger tank my suggestion is get the 10 gallon, both the filters recommended above will work.

Contrary to popular opinion Bettas can handle a gentle current as long as the fish is not being pushed around by the current he will be fine.

60gph but adjustable to 0

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I had an azoo mignon - very good filters and they come in a variety of sizes / flow rates too, as flchamp89 states the put out is adjustable.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back