What To Do With A Part Of My Amazon Sword

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

phantomlink

Fishaholic
Reaction score
One of my larger Amazon Swords I got the other week had a single long stalk with a bud on it I believe, after a few days of going in my tank I saw a new leaf grow, and now I have a few leaves and dunno what to do. Its basically growing at the top of my tank and either its going to grow some more and come out of the water and possibly die, or is there some way I can cut it off without killing it? My tank is 22 inches high so you can see there isnt much room left to play with the baby leaves

Heres an image

Plant the new plant after snipping it off. :)

it wont die without a root system? or is there a technique to it

You can see the roots growing under the plantlet, just cut the runner as close to the new plantlet as possible and re plant. :)

ya I saw the roots when I got home this morning. what about the rest of the stalk? can it regrow or will it just brown and die? If so I guess I should get it as close to the roots as I can on the bottom

I used to chop mine either end as close to the crown on each plant.

crown is where it goes from roots to stalks? dunno my terminology

Thanks, theres the odd brown spot on the odd leaf, and I think when one of them was too close to the spraybar it shredded one of them but other then that they're fine. I only use a water base fert since most of my plants are Amazon Swords due to lighting restrictions

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back