What Should I Be Feeding My New Babies?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

thrujenseyes

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have 5 new adorable little endlers and I've been feeding them Tetra River Shrimp (sun dried krill) it's the only ingredient, so I don't think there are any other unnecessary fillers and or such.

Should I be mixing with flake food?  Do they need or want a variety.

I break the shrimp up into flakes so they can eat (they're so tiny).

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 141
They are omnivores and will also need some veggies in their diet. With flake, you can crush it so it is in tiny bite size bits.

if you want to treat them sometime to something frozen try Cyclops. It's tiny, I used to give it to all my fry as a treat that they could manage

Thanks TTA I will go out in search of some healthy veggie fake food also!
Oh ok akasha, I've never heard of that!

tetra prima is good for colours too. It now comes in smaller granuals for smaller fish. 

Great akasha, thanks!

I am feeding a teeny bit once a day...as much as they can consume in like a minute. Does this sound right?

When I last kept fish (over 10 years ago) I had a cichlid tank and a pond out side. These were big hungry fish.

I'm not at all use to such teeeeeeny babies.

yeah, sounds right to me. It is difficult often to gauge but if you think that a fishes stomach is about the same size as it's eye then you realise that they don't need that much!
I use Tetra flake for my smaller guys cos they can't manage the standard sized prima. They seem to like it

They also don't need to be fed nearly as often as we may think.

I fast my fish regularly - once or twice a week.  

And, if going on vacation, they can be fine for a week easily with no food being added.  (In those situations, I feed them for each of the 7 days leading up to my leaving, and feed them the morning I leave.  Then I feed them whenever I return, and for 5 consecutive days upon return.  Then I feed them on the regular schedule again.)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back