What Kind Of Salt To Cure Ich?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Joinerlavin

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Can some one tell me what kind of salt to use to cure ich and the dosage also will my plants be ok with salt?, some of my fishes are flashing and going crazy abit, the water perimeters are all fine so it must be parasites? thanks

Any aquarium salt will be fine. The dose is generally 1 tbsp/gal. Half that for scaleless or smallscale fish.
I use 100% pure hawaiian rock salt because its readily available at the market, but aquarium salt dissolves much faster.
You will also need to bump your temp up to around 85

I would not use just salt to get rid of ich, you are not likely to be successful with that treatment alone.

I have used this method in the past many tines with great success. I never use chemicals to treat ich.

The only salt you need to treat ich is plain old sodium chloride. It can be obtained as table salt, rock salt, water softener salt, aquarium salt and you name it. As long as the single main ingredient is sodium chloride, it will work fine for ich. There is a link in my signature area that gives the best advice I have seen for how much to dose and how to go about the treatment. My label for it is Ich Info.

thanks all, still not white spot so Do they have ich or is it something else, its been a week and no visual marks on there bodys?

Most reactions

Back