What Is The Lifespan Of A Sucking Loach

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nickelback

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
:) Hi greetings from Australia :D I was just wondering what the lifespan is for a Sucking Loach in captivity.Any responses would be greatly appreciated :good: :) :good:

:) Hi greetings from Australia :D I was just wondering what the lifespan is for a Sucking Loach in captivity.Any responses would be greatly appreciated :good: :) :good:

Sorry, I have no idea what a "sucking loach" is. Perhaps you know the scientific name as well?
My guess is that you are talking about Gyrinocheilus aymonieri ?
In that case it's lifespan is about 8 tot 10 years, if the conditions are good of course (large tank, ample room, clean water, healthy foods, etc.).

Sorry, I have no idea what a "sucking loach" is. Perhaps you know the scientific name as well?
My guess is that you are talking about Gyrinocheilus aymonieri ?
In that case it's lifespan is about 8 tot 10 years, if the conditions are good of course (large tank, ample room, clean water, healthy foods, etc.).
:good: Yeah that is close to what my book says it's name is and also known as a Chinese Algae Eater.Well thanks so much for your info just what I needed to know.Looks like I may have it with me a while then :) Cheers and all the best from Steph :D

Most reactions

Back