What fish should i take?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tijmen

Reaction score
Hey guys,
this is my first ever post so i'm sorry if i forget about anything.
so i started a new planted aquarium about 1.5 months back and its nice and cycled. now i want to get some fish, this is a picture of what the aquarium looks like:
IMG_0217[1].JPG IMG_0224[1].JPG
IMG_0214[1].JPG IMG_0223[1].JPG
IMG_0220[1].JPG
its dimensions are 80x30x30 cm
i have some plants coming out of the top because i like the looks of it.
there also is a pump of 90 G/h.
the snails are reproducing like crazy and very healthy.
the average tank temp: 26 C

i think i want some cherry shrimp and i definitly am going to get khuli loaches to sift through the sand.
i'm looking for some surface/center swimming fish. i'm not sure what to get but i want a egglaying species to breed in the tank. i thought maybe german rams? but i thought those would eat the cherry shrimp. any good suggestions?

and does anyone know what kind of snail that is? i don't think its a malaysian trumpet snail.

thanks
-Tijmen

Well, if you're set on kuhli loaches and cherry shrimps, how about keeping the asian theme with some Trigonostigma espei and a gourami or a betta as centrepiece fish?

The gourami and the betta might still go after the shrimp though. Any fish will try and eat any critter that will fit in its mouth.

If you would like to know my feedback about the selection which one will you take then my recommendation is the 5th one.

Welcome to TFF!

Before giving any advice, it would be good to know your water parameters. What is the hardness (KH & GH)?

The snail is a MTS.

Welcome to TFF!

Before giving any advice, it would be good to know your water parameters. What is the hardness (KH & GH)?

The snail is a MTS.

Agree, 100% :)

hobby5 is exactly right.

What ppm of ammonia have you cycled with, OP?

I like the aquascape, very nice work on several fronts. Knowing the parameters of the source water will help us suggest options; there are many fish that would feel right "at home" here.:fish:

I like it a lot, I have actually been thinking of turning my Betta sorority tank into a Riparium.

As for the snail I wouldn't worry about it just leave it be, Over the next few months you will have a MTS explosion and thats fine also, Do NOT remove them as they consume all the food they will die off to manageable numbers. MTS are beneficial to the tank, Without MTS your tank is not as clean or healthy as it could be. Just my opinion.

I have been experimenting, You might want to look at my sorority tank.
http://www.fishforums.net/threads/my-new-sorority.443778/page-2

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back