What Eats Moss?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

wei0204

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I am going to try to grow some java moss in my tank, I am wondering which of the animal below will eat the moss.

- Red Cherry Shrimp
- Amano Shrimp
- Flying Fox
- snails (not sure the name)
- Molly

I have tried to plant weeping moss in this tank before, but one of these animals destroyed the moss. So this time have to take out the destroyer before putting in the moss. :)

I am going to try to grow some java moss in my tank, I am wondering which of the animal below will eat the moss.

- Red Cherry Shrimp
- Amano Shrimp
- Flying Fox
- snails (not sure the name)
- Molly

I have tried to plant weeping moss in this tank before, but one of these animals destroyed the moss. So this time have to take out the destroyer before putting in the moss. :)

I read an article somewhere on the web that SAE will destroy Java Moss, the flying fox is very similar so it could be this. I have Java moss in my small tank that has shrimps and snails and its growing very well.

Have had amanos eat weeping moss, they didn’t eat the java moss in the same tank my SAEs have not eaten java moss, they are not in the tank with other types of moss. Java moss grows pretty fast in good conditions so even if it gets nibbled it should still grow well. The cherry shrimp don’t eat any type of moss. Don’t know about Mollys.
I think if the veg eaters have some spinach or green veg they should leave the moss alone.

Thank you guys, I used to plant weeping moss in this tank and it was ruined by either of these. That's why I am worrying before putting in another moss. Anyway, I found that weeping moss is quite hard to be planted, is that true?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back