What Does It Mean If There Is A Greenish Stuff On A Fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kpintheshed

Fish Herder
Reaction score
as soon as something good happens something bad happens i just got some babie fish and i noticed on one babie black molly 1 cm has green stuff on the bottom

is it Fungi ?
take any advice

Never heard of green stuff on a fish.
Do you have green algae in the tank that is rub itself on.

i have living plants its kind of spotted green which is pealing but i noticed its acture eatin the plants its always in the plants

eating the leaves and always around the plants

I would put it down to the plants.
If it's get any worse I would do a salt bath to try and fetch it off the fish.

sorry i did'nt explain it probley the plants are ok the fish, on the belly part its spotted green and spealing off.
but the fish hangs around the plants a lot and eats some of the leaves

nothing has happen to the other fishes

I get you, but never heard of green spots on fish so if it's peeling off, just see how it goes.

I would just leave it for now, if it gets worse get back to the board.
Good luck.

how long do u thick i should wait before i take action if its alge will it go quick

ok thanks 4 the advice

Another two days, unless it starts to get bigger and starts to cover the fish more.

I was reading this post and I 'think' I've seen something similiar. I was actually at one of the lfs' in the area and was thinking about getting a couple of kissing gouramis. I was looking at the two biggest ones in the tank and noticed that they both had a bright dark green (if that makes sense!) spot. One fish had this spot on it's nose and the other had the same spot on it's backside. The employee wasn't sure what the spots were either. Needless to say, I went back to the store about a week later. I checked out the two fish I was eyeing and the spots were just about 100% gone. I actually bought one of these fish and after about another week or so the spot that was on his(?) nose is now gone. So hopefully, it disapears.

Did the green spots just appear on your fish?
Or is it clearing up already?

I was reading this post and I 'think' I've seen something similiar. I was actually at one of the lfs' in the area and was thinking about getting a couple of kissing gouramis. I was looking at the two biggest ones in the tank and noticed that they both had a bright dark green (if that makes sense!) spot. One fish had this spot on it's nose and the other had the same spot on it's backside. The employee wasn't sure what the spots were either. Needless to say, I went back to the store about a week later. I checked out the two fish I was eyeing and the spots were just about 100% gone. I actually bought one of these fish and after about another week or so the spot that was on his(?) nose is now gone. So hopefully, it disapears.

Did the green spots just appear on your fish?
Or is it clearing up already?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back