What Do You Play?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Here's my new baby!

IMG_0838.jpg

A cover of paranoid I did two days ago, not perfect but not bad for the first attempt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N39AN2b51rY&context=C31e1f2dADOEgsToPDskLqJPj2bv71E7PFlI-uRzSM

Incan play guitar, electric guitar, saxophone, recorder (elementary school. Teacher never made it fun and me and my friends had a party where we smashed them in the summer. You can't blame us it was 3rd grade, flute, piano, keyboard, and trumpet.

I've been playing saxophone (alto and tenor) since I was 10 (18years). I also can sing (yes the voice is an instrument). When it comes to singing, I'm a high alto, low soprano. I'll post pics of my saxophone when I take one lol

Tenor saxophone for the win! I've been playing mine since I was 10 too XD

i used to play clarinet a good few years a go, sometimes i regret stopping, if i still played by now i would have had like 7 or 8 years of knowledge and experience and that sounds pretty good to me :p lol, i just stick to my guitars now :) i love guitar.
attempting to save some money for a strat, at the moment i have a cheap ish lag tramontane and a vintage SG model electric :) both lovely guitars though :)

I have played flute for 11 years, but I'm not too good doing it as I haven't taken any classes for ages. I also sing every day, I am mezzosoprano (the correct word if not an alto or soprano, but in between ;D). I am trying to selfteach myself to do classical and opera, because I can't afford a singing teacher atm... -_-

I also have an electronical piano but I am not a pianist. There is few classical pieces I can play, such as turkish march from Mozart, but it takes ages for me to learn something new.

i can play my husband like a fiddle when i want something, does that count :D

I've been playing violin since I was 5 years old, am in an orchestra and string quartet, and take a lesson every week. I still can't play some of those darn scales, though! :rolleyes: I played clarinet in 4th grade, but I got bored of it and dropped it (only played it to be in the school "band"). I can play really simple pieces on the piano, but it's all self-taught. Violin is the best instrument to play in my opinion! :lol:

i was up in the loft earlier. heres my first ever guitar, very decent fender acoustic :

DSC_0214.jpg

was still almost totally in tune after 3 years in the loft.

and my dads early '70's cheapo guitar, that i repainted about 10 years ago, then put in the loft because it needs a fret dress, and the electrics are very dodgy. it has its own sound though, and its not too bad to play. has that very brash, thin, white stripes kind of sound. and yes, i know the paintjob is badly done, and yes, im a huge Oasis fan.

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

DSC_0204.jpg

im going to get it sorted out now, make it look totally battered, and just mess about with it. buying another new guitar in a month or so, something considerably better than this grotty crap hahaha.

A cover of paranoid I did two days ago, not perfect but not bad for the first attempt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N39AN2b51rY&context=C31e1f2dADOEgsToPDskLqJPj2bv71E7PFlI-uRzSM

Not bad at all ... had me nodding my head (which doesn't happen often since I did my neck in in a car accident lol)

oh yeah, forgot to say. Played recorder in school, was learning the chello too at one stage and I taught myself to play piano by ear when I was about 9 years old

just the flute (almost taking my grade 1 after just over a year of playing)
is the piccolo like the flute? are the keys the same?
and someone told me you cant play wind instruments and brass instruments - is that true?

A piccolo is keyed the same as a flute. You certainly can play flute, any brass, or reed instrument, just not at the same time, at least not very well. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYaDpWfsNsM

Me playing my bowed psaltery. I also play guitar (acoustic, electric and bass) and keyboards.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back