1234-fishy-freind

Fish Addict
Reaction score
At the moment i feed my fish on a mixture of foods, this includes
- frozen brine shrimp
- dried marine flake
- dried algea
- frozen marine pellets.

The pellets make up most of the fishes diet as it contains a mixture of ingrediants. However, the shop where i get this food from is closing down i have havnt seen it for sale anywhere else.
So i was wondering what you guys feed your marine fish as the basis of their diet.?

A complete newbie but for mine:

Frozen Brine Shrimp - garlic laced
Brine Shrimp - live as a weekly treat
King British Marine Fish Food Flake - Not taken too well but only use in small amounts
New Life Spectrum fast sining pellets - Blue Cheek Goby loves them once they have been in the tank a while, clowns too
Used frozen cockle and mussel but they dont seem to work ?

Live Brine Shrimp (all tanks get it once a week)
Frozen Brine shrimp with spirulina
Frozen Daphnia (every so often)
Frozen Mysis
Lobster Eggs Occasionally
Cyclops
Live River Shrimp (if its small enough)
Frozen Krill
king British Flake with various freeze-dried shrimp
Ocean Nutrition Formual 2 (green one)-will change to reef flakes when i can find some!

The anemone gets defrosted silversides twice a week, a dose of live plankton everyday and the corals get target fed once a week with a mixture of frozen daphnia, cyclops, brine shrimp and mysis all defrosted in one glass. I also feed the corals a substance called 'coral frenzy' too

Frozen Mysis
Frozen Krill
Ocean Nutrition Formual 2 (green one)-will change to reef flakes when i can find some!

The anemone gets defrosted silversides twice a week, a dose of live plankton everyday and the corals get target fed once a week with a mixture of frozen daphnia, cyclops, brine shrimp and mysis all defrosted in one glass. I also feed the corals a substance called 'coral frenzy' too

ahhh the "coral frenzy" thing raises its head once again... Its supposed to be superb ??

Frozen Mysis
Frozen Krill

ahhh the "coral frenzy" thing raises its head once again... Its supposed to be superb ??

ive heard its good, it seems to be a northern favourate not used it personally though.

fish food ive been through is:

mysis + planton soaked in garlic and vita
pellets
rotifers
marine flake
brine with garlic or spirlina (sp?)

as a blended mix:

Shrimp
Nori
Mysis
Baby Brine Shrimp
Peas
Crushed Vitamin C tablet
Gelatin
Selcon
Garlic clove
Flake

Next time im making this:
Shimp
Nori
Vitamin C
Clams
Mussels
Scallops
Fish Roe (eggs)
Saltwater fish fillet
Crab
Selcon
Garlic
Gelatin
Flake
Squid
Rotifers
any other saltwater related things in the seafood section in the supermarket that i can fit into the mix....

And sometimes plain freeze dried krill and very rairly plain pellets

Mine get

Frozen mysis shrimp(most common and favorite)
frozen brine shrimp
frozen krill
piece of nori sheet everyday in an algea clip
frozen bloodworm
formula one flake
cyclops
live brine shrimp(grown myself)
small pieces of prawn
and bits of any fish or shellfish I may be eating.

Frozen Mysis
Frozen Krill

Its ok i suppose lol :p

Used to blend, now I got lazy... They get:

Twice Daily (autofeeder)
- Pinch of Hikari Marine S pellets

Once Daily, one cube (one for each day of the week)
- Mysis
- Spirulina Brine
- Mysis
- Roe (fish eggs from asian market)
- Mysis
- Formula One frozen
- Formula Two frozen

I'm a tad slack with the fish LOL, They eat whatever the sun coral drops, as the sun corals fed two cubes of frozen food a day, I do not want to see what my nitrates would do if I changed that to three cubes. The sun coral gets brineshrimp in spirulina, brineshrimp, bloodworms, mysis, chopped krill as well as whatever else I happen to find now and then. Fish don't seem to mind the food..

Most reactions

Back