What do fish eggs look like when layed?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fish_n_Frys

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am seeing very small and quite alot of white sacks full of little things inside...

I don't no if they are snails eggs or fish eggs...

The ones that I am seeing are on the glass of my tank... would fish lay them there?

If not where do fish lay their eggs? (For future references..)

Hi thanks....

so what do fish eggs look like? and where would they lay them
?

Hiya,

Thanks...

I have guppies, mollys, flame and neon tetras..

Are these water snails??? I am talking about water snails here... they are like white inside..

right.. they sound like 'pest' snail eggs. a small blob of gel with dot in the middle.

Apple snails are aquatic snails but they lay their eggs out of water. (ususlly in the hood if in an aquarium)

tetras are egg scatterers and in a community tank you will not see them - they will be eaten.

hope that helps :)

Your Guppies and Mollies won't give you eggs...they'll give you live, wriggling fry. Never eggs, unless they're aborting, and then the eggs will never become fry.

Neon Tetras are unlikely to spawn in captivity without a very special setup. Don't know about Flame Tetras.

Hi.... oh so mollies and guppies give live fry? I didn't know that!!!!

Oh... its a shame to hear about the tetras... I was looking forward to some fry of theirs but if you say they will all get eaten its kinda sad :(

Only if you have a special setup will Tetra eggs make it.

But your Mollies and Guppies (if you have females among them) will give you cute little live fry about once a month for the Guppies, and about every two months for the Mollies. Assuming, of course, that they live in reasonably ideal conditions. Their fry are pretty hardy. Especially Guppy fry.

Hi,

yay! Thats soooooo good to hear! I think mine are guppies... apart from the part that they become skinny after giving fry.. that does not make any sense.. as mine are still chubby things

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back