🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

darjah37

Reaction score
Kind of new so not sure where to post
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 20
Ph 7.2

Pleco is 5 yrs old. I noticed this growth about 2 weeks ago. Hasn't gotten bigger and hasn't gotten smaller. My lfs said he probably got scratched on something and they are pretty good at healing themselves. So what are your thoughts. I have videos but they are ttyl big to add.
e4570c45b2f2308a0d0b757ad8975267.jpg
64c9c8f6b572dc82c985f2b70e3ee38c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

put videos on youtube and put the link on here.

It looks like a growth and could be a tumor or just a wound that hasn't healed. If it gets bigger over time then its a tumor. If it remains the same size it is probably skin or scar tissue. If it gets smaller and eventually goes then it is just a wound that healed.

As long as it doesn't go white and fluffy, or red and inflamed you are fine. White and fluffy is fungus, red and inflamed is a bacterial infection. Right now it looks free of both so just monitor it and see what happens.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

put videos on youtube and put the clip on here.

It looks like a growth and could be a tumor or just a wound that hasn't healed. If it gets bigger over time then its a tumor. If it remains the same size it is probably skin or scar tissue. If it gets smaller and eventually goes then it is just a wound that healed.

As long as it doesn't go white and fluffy, or red and inflamed you are fine. White and fluffy is fungus, red and inflamed is a bacterial infection. Right now it looks free of both so just monitor it and see what happens.

Weird and probably shouldn't watch that first thing in the morning. Kind of grosses me out :)
It looks like part of the skin covering from the edge of the gill might have popped off but it's the wrong shape.

At this stage just monitor and see how it goes.

Thank you, I'll continue to keep an eye on it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back